Here at Empire Studios, we’re taking the COVID-19 pandemic very seriously, and are taking steps to ensure the safety of every film set we step onto.
Below is our press release with more information on what we will be doing on projects going forward for the foreseeable future.
The safety of our clients, crew and cast has always been of paramount importance, and nevermore so than now.
EMPIRE STUDIOS TAKES MEASURES FOR SAFE VIDEO SHOOTS DURING COVID-19
The world continues to find ways to keep moving in the midst of the COVID-19, and our on-location video shoots are starting to put dates back on the calendar. As we look forward to getting back on the road and creating video content for our clients, we want to take this opportunity to let you know steps we have taken at Empire Studios to ensure the safety of our clients and crew.
We are taking this extremely seriously, and have always been using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in the event we need to leave our home or studio.
In preparation for getting back out into the field, all Empire Studios crew have become Safe Sets COVID-19 (Level A) certified. This certification is specifically for the unique situations faced on film sets & video shoots relating to reducing COVID-19 risks for cast, crew and everyone in a facility where filming takes place.
We have put protocols in place for all on-location shoots, with the highlights listed below. For a full report on all actions we are taking, we will be happy to provide that to you upon request.
- All Empire Studios crew will wear appropriate face covering any time we are on location. That is, from the moment we step out of our vehicles to the moment we pile back in to leave.
- The crew will also wear glasses as eye protection, while on location to reduce the chance of respiratory droplets from reaching their eyes.
- Social distancing of 6 feet will be observed whenever possible on set, and clear markers will be measured out and placed on the ground.
- The smallest crew possible will be on location, reducing the risk of infection while allowing more room for adequate social distancing.
- Clorox wipes or equivalent will be used to wipe down all camera and audio equipment before and after every shoot. Production Support will also be wiping down high-touch surfaces on down time.
- Hand sanitizer will be brought on set for the use of anyone involved in the shoot.
- When possible, production meetings will be held outdoors to minimize risk of transmission. Indoors is 18-times more likely for cross-contamination.
- If traveling from an area of higher risk (per the most up-to-date information from the CDC), our crew will self quarantine for 14 days before the next shoot.
These steps and more will reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19 and other germs while on set. We will of course be adhering to any State, County and company-mandated rules and regulations, although our measures are designed to meet or exceed these.
Also, to prevent or reduce the need to visit your facility, we now offer animation services, in addition to certain post-production-only video content.
Empire Studios is a full service video agency based out of the New York tri-state area, and produces engaging, tailored video marketing to a wide variety of industries across North America.
For more information, contact: Chris Bryant, Chris@EmpireStudiosNYC.com
Drop us a line